STAY FIT BY ACTING FIT (PART 1)
Fitness is the state of being fit physically and health wise. It also comprises but not limited to attributes likes: cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular strength, mental acuity, muscular endurance, flexibility and body composition. The mind set of being fit itself radiates joy and happiness. Imagine how you will feel when someone tells you that you look fit.
The journey towards a healthy living is multifaceted, one of it is fitness. So many persons indulge in different forms of physical activities to ensure they stay fit. Doctors said 20 minutes exercise everyday will do a lot to keep the body functioning well. Research has it that in some developed countries, Universities have revised their curricula to incorporate aspects of exercise in the prevention and treatment of disease. Staying fit requires involvement in exercises.
In this Part (i.e. Part 1) of this blog series, we shall be looking at the impact of Exercise as a means of staying fit.
Acting fit requires some commitment and sacrifice. Doing excise regularly is a great deal of sacrifice and keeping to time with your exercise is the commitment that is needed to stay fit. Different types of exercises targets different parts of the body. It’s necessary to consult an instructor if you have any particulartarget you want to achieve with your body exercise; otherwise you can take on your exercise on your own.
According to Yoga Poses, beginners who want to stay fit can follow the poses in the image below. We shall be taking those poses and what part of the body it will impact on the most, hence the befit for the entire body.
SHOULDER STAND (OR CANDLE POSE)
legs straight upward and the your back is slightly lifted such that the only part of your back that will be remaining on the mat will be your shoulder region. As shown in the image, with your two hands on the back of your waist to give little support, and your neck is relaxed. For beginners, you will stay in this position for 120 seconds (i.e. 2 minutes). The benefit of this exercise according to yoremikids.com includes: improved digestion, reduced fluid retention in the lower body, strengthened immune system, and bringing back deoxygenated blood flow to the heart. Shoulder stand also calms and energizes the body and also reducing body stress and fatigue.
SEATED FORWARD BENDS
Seated Forward Bend is an exercise position where you sit on your exercise mat with your face bend towards your knee and your hands clip to your feet. For beginners, you will do this for 60 seconds (1 minute) and repeat it for several times. This will send an intense stretch to your waist. The benefits of this exercise include:
- Stretches the spine, shoulders and hamstrings;
- It relieve stress and mild depression and calms the brain;
- Improves digestion;
- Stimulates the liver, kidneys, ovaries, and uterus;
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause and menstrual discomfort;
- Reduces fatigue and calms headache and anxiety;
- It is a good therapy for sinusitis, high blood pressure, infertility and insomnia;
- It reduces obesity.
The triangle pose, which is also referred to as Trikonasana (“trikona” is a Sanskrit word for “triangle,” while “asana” means “pose”), is a standing pose in yoga were you stand with your legs open in a triangular form and one of your hands placed on your leg towards your ankle area while the other stretch across your head as shown in the image. This strengthens and lengthens the hamstrings and groin while also opening the shoulders and stretching the hips. This posture is named for the triangle shape your body makes during the exercise. Do this 15 seconds per/side.
The befit of this pose to the body include:
- Triangle pose activates the body’s core muscles, which aids in balance and stability;
- This pose can reduce back and spine stiffness, leading to in increased flexibility. it stretches and lengthens the spine;
- Triangle pose stimulates the body’s essential organs which can stimulate the metabolic rate of the body hence impact on the digestive organs;
- This pose can cause stress reduction because it targets the lower back, which is where some persons carry their stress. Triangle pose can help to release tension which can result to reduced anxiety and stabilizes emotional state.
- Triangle pose opens the hip flexors and shoulders, leading to increase mobility and reduction in risk of injury.
For More exercise positions and benefits see here
Share it with your friends and love ones, and Comment.